#1 Mobile Truck Repair by Chicago’s Best Certified Mobile Diesel Mechanics
O'Hare Towing Service is proud to provide Chicagoland's most reliable mobile truck repair services. No matter the issue or the time of day, O’Hare’s mobile diesel mechanics are always on standby to get you back on the road safely and quickly. If the repairs needed can be done on site, without having to go through the hassle of towing your truck, we will do it right then and there for you!
Ever since opening our doors in 1963, O’Hare Towing service has provided quality care at affordable prices. We are looking to build long term relationships with all our clients and treat them all like family. There will be no taking advantage of you in your time of need. O’Hare is here to get you back on the road and back to your loved ones as quickly as possible. Call us today at 1-800-227-6890 to reach our 24/7 emergency dispatch line.
Mobile Truck Repair Services for Greater Chicagoland Area:
Mobile Scan Diagnostics
O’Hare Towing Service knows that your check engine light does not care what time of the day it is. Rain or shine, night or day, we will get to you and run a complete mobile scan diagnostic on your vehicle. Give us a call today at 1-800-227-6890 and let us get you back on the road safely!
Our Mobile Truck Repair Service offers mobile scan diagnostics for a range of engines including, but not limited to:
While there can be many causes and an even larger amount of solutions, our years working with mobile diesel repairs have shown these to be the main causes:
- Low levels of coolant. We love an easy fix! O’Hare will have a team by your side and get you back on the road in minutes!
- A clogged diesel particulate filter (DPF filter) can cause many problems with your truck. We will help identify whether the DPF Filter simply needs cleaning or would need to be completely replaced.
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF fluids), as well as a wide variety of general sensor issues, can cause your check engine light to go on. We will scan each of them individually in order to get to the source of the problem.
O’Hare understands that each situation comes with its own unique challenges which is why we will always show up to every job with a complete range of state of the art tools. Whatever the problem, we have the skills and tools to get it solved!
Air Brake System Repair
Our mobile diesel repair team will conduct a thorough inspection and make any necessary repairs or replacements to your air brake system. No need to worry, compressor servicing is included in the air brake system repair servicing. O’Hare also services and repairs ABS systems, hoses, chambers, valves, lines, fittings, dyers, and governors
Our comprehensive inspection process will go through every single inch of your air brake system to ensure that everything is running smoothly and safely.
What can you expect us to do during your air brake service? Each vehicle is different but we always start with the following steps!
- MONITOR YOUR MINIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE Ensure that the minimum operating pressure for your air brake system is above 100 PSI for a truck and 85 PSI for a bus.
- TIME/BUILD-UP RATE O’Hares team will monitor the time that it takes for the air pressure to rise from 85 PSI to 100 PSI at 600-900 rpm. In order to pass inspection, this process should take no longer than 2 minutes.
- CUT-OUT GOVERNOR PRESSURE The correct cut-out governor pressure for the air compressor should be between 120-135 PSI. The cut-in pressure should be 20-25 PSI below the cut-out pressure.
This is merely a glimpse of our extensive Air Brake Repair Services. Give us a call today at 1-800-227-6890 and talk to our friendly dispatch team to learn more!
Coolant System Repair
Ignoring a coolant system leak can be an extremely costly mistake. Truck radiator leaks are often quite complicated to fix which is why you need to entrust your truck with the best certified mobile diesel mechanics. Please don’t make the mistake of thinking that your coolant system leak can be dealt with “another day”. Trust us, it can’t. Trucks are much more prone to overheating than cars. While a car driver can simply top up his coolant, a truck driver needs to identify the source of the leak.
O’Hare’s team of mobile truck repair specialists are professionally certified mechanics. They live and breathe truck repair! Not only will they get to the source of the leak and fix it, but they will also give you the tools you need to help spot the issues in the future!
Learn more about our Mobile Diesel Repair Coolant System Repair Services, contact us today!
Drive Line Service for the Chicagoland Area
O’Hare’s mobile truck repair service has all the tools and equipment needed to repair your driveline on the spot! We will also inspect and repair universal joints, carrier bearings, u-joints, yokes, driveshafts, and axles.
We will do everything in our power to fix your problems at your preferred location. For any issues, such as transmission problems, that would need to be fixed in-house, we can help get you and your truck to our repair facility.
Give our team of licensed technicians a call today: 1-800-227-6890
Brake Service and Repair
’Hare provides quality mobile brake service and repair to the greater Chicagoland area. We constantly maintain a massive inventory of spare parts to ensure that regardless of the issue, we’ve got what you need to get back on the road. We stock the following replacement parts:
- ABS systems
- Air Lines
- Air Hoses
- Coil Hoses
- Brake Shoes
- Brake Drums
- Slack Adjusters
- Break Chambers
- Air Disc Brake Rotors
- Brake Chamber Sizes: 16 brake chamber, 20 brake chamber, 24 brake chamber, 30/30 brake chamber, 30/30 short brake chamber. 30/30 long brake chamber, 30/36 brake chamber, 24/30 brake chamber
Is your part not on this list? Give us a call today at 1-800-227-6890 and we will get it for you! No job is too big or too small for O’Hare!
Differential Repair by Certified Mobile Truck Repair Specialists
Do you hear a strange sound coming from your differential? This could be caused by a number of factors. O’Hare’s Mobile Truck Repair Specialists will run a full assessment of your differential to rule out insufficient lubrication and worn out gears and bearings, amongst other things.
For everyone’s safety, this particular service cannot be done roadside and must be performed in our in-house repair facility. O’Hare can help get your vehicle to our repair shop in the case that you are not able to drive it.
If you were to continue driving with that noisy differential, you could cause immense (and expensive) damage to your vehicle. Give us a call today at 1-800-227-6890 and let us help you stay safe on the road!
Exhaust Repair Service
Identifying issues in your vehicle’s exhaust system can be tricky. Thankfully our mobile diesel mechanics’ professional training and years of experience have taught them to identify even the most minute problem. They will do a full assessment of your entire exhaust system including the exhaust manifolds, cylinder heads, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and mufflers. An issue with any of these components can lead to reduced gas mileage and a higher environmental impact.
O’Hare’s Mobile Truck Repair team is also well versed in exhaust brake services. What exactly is the exhaust brake system? It’s a system set up to use exhaust gas pressure to aid with braking. This in turn helps to ease the demands on your regular wheel brakes and increase their longevity.
Don’t trust your vehicle to just anyone. O’Hare has the know-how to get any job done at an affordable rate. We don’t skip steps when it comes to your vehicle’s overall performance and safety.
Do you need an exhaust repair in Chicago? Call us today: 1-800-227-6890!
Radiator Service in Chicago by Mobile Diesel Mechanics
We love driving a diesel engine. While we can listen to its roar all day, engine overheating problems often plague many drivers with diesel vehicles.
No job is difficult for our Mobile Diesel Mechanics! You need an experienced eye to root out the cause of an overheating diesel engine. Our mechanics will keep an eye out for the following issues during their assessment:
- Engine Coolant O’Hare’s mobile diesel mechanics will first check your truck’s coolant level. Low coolant levels may be attributed to a hairline crack in the head gasket or engine. Invisible to the untrained eye, air pockets can also be the cause of your truck’s low coolant level. As air pockets accumulate, they can cause a blockage resulting in low fluid flow. This reduction in fluid flow can lower your coolant levels enormously.
- Diesel Fuel Injectors How often have you cleaned the deposits on your injector nozzles? Not that often, right? Don’t worry, most people have never even thought to do so. If the deposits accumulate on your injector nozzle, your fuel injectors may malfunction. This will, in turn, lead to severe overheating and can cause serious damage to your vehicle.
- Cooling Fan O’Hare’s Mobile Truck Repair mechanics will be able to diagnose and repair any underlying problems causing your vehicle’s cooling fan to malfunction. From defective sensors and misaligned fans to engine thermostat problems, our professionally trained team will find the problem and take care of it in no time!
- Water Pump Our mobile diesel mechanics have the tools and capabilities to spot and fix faulty water pumps. They will keep a lookout for pulleys spinning too quickly as this is indicative of worn-out water pump seals. It’s important to maintain a healthy system as any clogs can cause problems with the water pump and lead to overheating.
Overheating issues can really put a wrench in your plans. We understand the importance of getting you road-ready as quickly and safely as possible. Contact our knowledgeable dispatch team today and let us get to the root of your overheating problems!
Suspension and Steering Repair Services
- Suspension Air Bags The O’Hare Mobile Diesel Services team can instantly give you a smoother ride. How, you ask? Easy! By repairing your suspension airbags. This will reduce swaying as you drive and make the ride much more enjoyable. This will prevent swaying and leave you with a much smoother ride! Our team will properly calibrate the suspension height sensors in order to achieve the proper air pressure flow between the compressor and the airbag.
- Leveling Valves Our mobile diesel mechanics will inspect and repair your vehicle’s air suspension level control rods, front axle leveling, right side level valves, and left side level valves.
- Leveling Linkage The Mobile Diesel Repair team will ensure that your truck maintains the proper ride height by inspecting and repairing or replacing your leveling linkage.
- Air Lines O’Hare will conduct a thorough inspection of all air lines supplying the airbags. If there is only slight wear and tear, our certified diesel mechanics will reinforce the affected areas. Safety is our number one priority and if we feel that any lines need to be replaced, we will do so immediately. Our mobile repair mechanics are qualified to work with lines from all brands, including but not limited to, Continental and Milton.
Transmission Repair Services by Mobile Diesel Mechanics
Trouble shifting gears? Odd noises coming from your truck? Revving between shifts? Slipping gears while you're driving? These no longer need to worry you. O’Hare is always a phone call away. Our mobile diesel mechanics will come to the rescue regardless of the weather conditions or time of day. We will get you back on the road as quickly as possible!
In order to conduct a full and comprehensive assessment of your vehicle, this job is done at our in-hour truck repair shop. Let these issues become a thing of the past. Contact us today!
Diesel Wheel Services by Mobile Truck Tire Repair Specialists
- Bearings Preventative maintenance is a must in the trucking industry. Why risk driving on worn out wheel bearings when it is a simple fix by our mobile truck repair specialists? O’Hare maintains an exhaustive inventory of spare parts so we are ready for any vehicle!
- Seals Worn out seals can lead to a multitude of problems with your truck. Neglecting to replace damaged seals can allow contaminants in and let much-needed lubricants out. This is an inexpensive repair and will prevent you from spending a lot of money in the future!
- Studs You wouldn’t get far without your wheel studs. Without them, your wheels would not be attached to the hub and simply pop off. Our Chicago truck mechanic team knows how to spot worn and stripped wheel studs. Trust us when we say that this is an issue you don’t want to ignore.
Give us a call today at 1-800-227-6890 to reach our mobile truck mechanics.
Air Filter Replacement
If you notice any of the following issues with your vehicle, this could be a sign that your air filters need to be replaced.
Signs that your truck may require an air filter replacement
- Reduced fuel economy
- Check engine light
- Less horsepower
- Smell of gasoline
- Odd engine sounds and vibration
- Engine starting problems
- Excessive soot residue
- Black smoke and/or flames coming from the exhaust
Do any of these sound familiar? If so, don’t hesitate and call us today at 1-800-227-6890!
Preventative Maintenance by Certified Truck Repair Specialists
Many of our livelihoods depend on our trucks. Why wait for a problem to arise when it could be easily prevented? Preventative maintenance is much more affordable than having to deal with major engine issues. O’Hare offers a full range of preventive maintenance services including:
- Fuel oil filter replacement
- Engine oil filter replacement
- Chassis greasing